It is that time of year once again, and I am giddy with the baking bug. I love the flavors of dark chocolate and pumpkin together, truly an amazing pairing. If you have followed this blog at all you are well aware of my obsession with chocolate chip cookies. I make them in so many different varieties that I could write a book on just that. For this recipe, I have tweaked my original chocolate chip cookie by adding pumpkin, for a cookie that fits into any holiday plans from now until January.
As always, these cookies are grain, nut, dairy and refined sugar free. Do not let that fool you, I have made these for my co-workers and have received much positive feedback about how good they really do taste. The only caveat I will give is that I am terrible at measuring when I bake. In fact the only time I do measure is if I am trying to share a recipe with all of you. I am more a little of this, a little of that kind of baker and thankfully I have a good eye for amounts. I say this, so that you do not hold back from being creative yourself with this recipe. Try different nut or seed butters, experiment with various sweeteners or add coconut flakes and nuts. You will be pleasantly surprised by how flexible this recipe is and will soon find your “sweet spot” in this recipe, pun intended.
- 1/4 Cup Sunflower Seed Butter (no sugar added)
- 1/2 Cup Organic Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Organic Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/4 Cup Arrowroot Flour
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1 1/2 Cup Dairy Free Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees.
- Mix together all of the wet ingredients.
- Add in the dry ingredients (in any order). Mix thoroughly.
- Let the batter sit for a few minutes to allow the coconut flour to absorb the liquid.
- Add a few tablespoons of water if needed.The batter should not be sticky, it should be easy to stir.
- Stir in the dark chocolate chips.
- Put on a silicone baking sheet by the tablespoon. Press down slightly as they will not spread during baking.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees.Cool completely before removing from baking sheet.